E.P. Title: FALSE VACUUM
Produced by: Samar Mehdi & Gaurav Khanna
E.P. Release Date: December 21, 2011
The title refers to a sub-theory of the 'Parallel universe' theory, according to which,
"When the universe began, instead of a gravitational pull to keep things together, there was a reverse type of gravitation working and instead repelled everything from it, which was termed a 'false vacuum.' The two conditions are separated, ofcourse, by some energy barrier at the center, thereby forming a metastable system."
The five tracks in E.P. have found their focal point at such metastable system that displays the existence of two distinct parallel worlds, where corrupt, timid souls from the world of make-believe (mocked by calling it the "true" vacuum) is being dragged by an inevitable force onto 'the other side' (called the "false" vacuum), the world of suffering.
It is believed under the false vacuum theory that the transition from one world to the other can only be triggered by the most powerful forces there can ever be, and the five tracks have infact depicted how the emotions at their absolute extreme ("rage", "grief" as in case of the EP's tracks) can trigger a force so powerful that it drives through the dividing energy barrier, out on to the other side.
With focus on the ones in power who're self-absorbed and corrupt to the core, this track is about throwing down the gauntlet, challenging the ones who believe they're invincible, announcing one's intent to turn the tables on the ones who've been hiding behind their high walls.
Lyrics: Arjun Singh Jarial & Aditya Jarial
2. Recede to Death
Musically our richest track yet, this track conveys a fictional story based on Karma. The story shows how one keeps running all his life fearing the aftermath of his darkest sins, and eventually discovers that he kept running around a God damn circle, at the end of which he found himself receding to the aftermath he so feared.
Lyrics: Samar Mehdi
3. Smash 'em Good
With focus on all haters & baseless critics who constantly push you down with no rhyme or reason, this track is about the one time you stand up & give it back to them tenfold.
Lyrics: Arjun Singh Jarial
4. Can't Sleep
This track is about the times one is weak enough to let betrayal from a loved one open doors to self-inflicted torture & insanity, how boundless love turns into boundless hate, while memories haunt every solitary moment of everyday.
Lyrics: Arjun Singh Jarial
This track is the most personal to the band, & shows how death of loved ones can lead to apathy & disinterest in the world's affairs, how you explore depths & dimensions of solitude, how life can feel like a punishment which you take upon yourself as penance for not caring enough, & how you wish that if given a chance, you would readily trade souls, so they could still be alive & continue the life they deserved, even if this came at the cost of your own life.
Lyrics: Dhairya Anand
> at "METAL WANI (INDIA)" - by Owais Vitek Nabi
> at "METAL BELIEVE (UK)" - by Ciprian Faur
> at "METALBASE (INDIA)" - by (admin)
> at "METALHOLIC MAGAZINE (USA)" - by Owais Vitek Nabi
> at "UNHOLY MAUNDER (INDIA)" - by Owais Vitek Nabi
released 21 December 2011
• Engineered by: Yash Vasaniya
• Produced & Mixed by: Samar Mehdi
• Post-Production by: Samar Mehdi & Gaurav Khanna
• Recorded at: The Note13 Studios, Bhopal, MP; Utkarsh Studios, Bhopal, MP; Kratika Studios, Bhopal MP
• Management: (None)
• Agent: Frameshift Initiatives
• Art Director: Demon Studio (Album Cover), Sarah Mehdi (Track Artwork) & Anirudh Thomas (Acrimony Logo)
• Marketing Guru(s): Frameshift Initiatives, Samar Mehdi & Dhairya Anand
• PR: Frameshift Initiatives & Arya Anand
• All Songs Written By: Acrimony
• All Songs are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
• Special thanks to Sameer Rahat & Robin John for their elaborate contributions & scrutinized reviews. Also to Shwetang Shankar, Siddharth Basrur & Aditya Jarial for their significant inputs to the EP's eventual shape.
• Acrimony thoroughly appreciates the warmth and support offered by our families, friends & above all, our dearest Acrimoniacs.